I know … I know … many of you were up in arms … angry, confused, and disappointed. This past Friday, you woke up, grabbed your morning coffee, and opened your browser intent on seeing yet the latest installment of Inside The Chef’s Kitchen. But alas, nothing was there and so hearts were broken, children were fire bombing, and the world was not at peace. Well, something else was going on, so I took a few days off.
And so on this particular Monday, we have a special edition of ITCK to compensate for my indiscretion. As the series concludes its second month, we have yet another stellar participant. Enter Jay Swift of the quasi-eponymous 4th And Swift.
Previously, the longtime Atlanta chef (but Baltimore native) served up culinary delights at South City Kitchen and the now defunct Rainwater. These days, he finds himself doing his thang down in the Old 4th Ward. His continental cuisine powered by a seasonal menu is often discussed around these parts and makes for excellent food porn. Alright y’all, duck, because there my be some shurikens flying. And with that, welcome to ITCK!
1. What is your favorite ingredient? Bacon
2. What is your least favorite ingredient? Tarragon
3. James Beard Award or Michelin Guide star? Either
4. What turns you off? neurotic eaters (oooo, my potatoes are touching my meat)
5. What is your favorite curse word? fuckstick
6. What one item must you have in your kitchen? Coarse kosher salt
7. What one item would you ban from your kitchen? Black Chef Coats
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Ninja
9. What profession would you not like to do? Government work
10. You are faced with the choice of selecting your last meal, what’s in it? A pistol and a metal file
Alright y’all, that’s all for now. See you later this week!
About Inside The Chef’s Kitchen
ITCK is a weekly series featuring an Atlanta area chef or culinary personality. It is based on the Proust Questionnaire and inspired by James Lipton’s Inside The Actors Studio. You can find all the posts here on FoodieBuddha.com by clicking here. Also, you can follow it via twitter at #itck.